Chinook Country Shooters Club 2018 AGM
Present: see attendance sheet
Meeting called to order at
Randy VP chaired the meeting
No minutes were present from the last AGM: so no business arising from the minutes
- Financial report – Walter motioned, Randy seconded this Motion: The financials be accepted as posted. Carried. (see attached report).
- Review of the Jr Program by Katrina Sweetman and Devlan Sheppard. (see attached sheet)
Brent commented: he very much appreciated the community. It was welcoming and helpful. A big thank you to the youth program and those who run and support it.
- Rob and TJ proposal: it was submitted to the executive 3 months ago. Dave Jackson called for more accountability to how funds are allocated and recorded.
Hugh motioned, Walter, seconded this Motion: A quartermaster be appointed that is responsible for the purchased and distribution of ammo used by CCSC. Carried.
After the discussion on ammo for youth, Walter motioned Each youth be given $500.00 for practice, $250.00 for match ammo.
Amendment by Dave Jackson seconded by Tony:
Each youth be given $750.00 worth of ammo.
Amendment by Walter: CCSC provide 25 youth up to $750.00 ( total of 18,750.00)
This motion was tabled and to be discussed by the executive as there was not enough financial information to make this decision.
There was more discussion.
- Action League 2018 report: By Walter and Nic. It was a good year, maybe will be starting after the May long weekend. Summer-Monday nights in Lethbridge, Winter-Thursday nights in Taber, 3Gun- Thursday in Lethbridge ( winter in Taber)
- Casino- next one is 2021, there is a need for volunteers
- PPC league report: By Richard. There was a slow year due to range 3 being closed but after that was a good year. Will run the same program this year, Wednesday nights starting maybe 2nd week in May.
- 3 GN report: By Dave Jackson. They will do a match once a month, but no schedule yet. They are trying to coordinate dates with other ranges.
- IPSC Provincials in Taber: Walter asked that financials all be run through CCSC.
Looking at the budget of $32,000 for income and expenses $29,000 (rough budget).
Walter motioned, seconded by Andy: CCSC will support IPSC 2019 provincials in Taber subject to availability of the Taber range and there are enough people to support working at it. Carried.
- Logo presentation by WhiteNight Media. Michelle showed people the new logo and asked for feedback after the meeting. Michelle gave a social media report (see attachment). Randy motioned seconded by Walter : That CCSC pay $1200.00 to WhiteNight Media for web presence and logo work. Carried
- Elections: Election Results
- President: Richard Coolidge
- Vice President: Rob McKenzie
- Secretary /Treasurer: David Jackson
- Membership Director: George Roth
- Public Relations/Media Director: Scott Sweetman
- Casino Chair / Director: Allan Friesen
Meeting was adjourned at 7:56 pm